Association Of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions Regulations
1.Objective of the Turkish Society Of Cardiology Association Of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (TSC-APCI):
The objectives of TSC-APCI are to make research on coronary interventions, structural cardiac diseases and peripheral interventions that require special attention, experience and knowledge accumulation; to produce and disseminate information; to organize training activities on those subjects to raise the level of information and skills of colleagues; to conduct studies to bring standardization to the interventional cardiovascular practice in Turkey and to raise quality; and to improve international relations.
2. Organizational Structure of TSC-APCI:
GKB is comprised of members, general assembly and board of directors.
3. Tasks and activities of TSC-APCI:
- TSC-APCI Membership: to be member to TKD is a prerequisite for being a member to GKB. The member applies to the GKB Board of Directors with necessary documents. The Board of Directors examines the documents and gives its decision on membership. Every member to the TKD Interventional Working Group before the enforcement of this By Laws shall be deemed as member to the GKB. Each member has a vote in the GKB general assembly. Additional membership fee shall not be collected from the members other than the membership fee paid to the Turkish Society of Cardiology.
- TSC-APCI General Assembly: GKB general assembly is comprised of members. The GKB Board of Directors prepares a membership ledger (list) and submits it to the Board of Directors of the Turkish Society of Cardiology at least one month before the general assembly meeting. Membership ledger shall be taken as the basis in the election of the members to the board of directors. The general assembly responsible for the election of the members to the board of directors convenes together with the general assembly of the Turkish Society of Cardiology.
- TSC-APCI Board of Directors
I. During the establishment phase the Board of Directors is comprised of a president who is appointed by the Board of Directors of TKD and a president-elect, deputy president, secretary, accountant and 4 (four) members. The appointed members of the board of directors propose a division of tasks. GKB Board of Directors undertakes the tasks assigned by the Board of Directors of TKD until the first subsequent election. The elected GKB Board of Directors is comprised of the members, the tasks and authorities of whom are given below:
President: The President represents the TSC-APCI in Turkey and abroad. The President ensures the decisions of the Board of Directors be implemented. The president chairs the meetings. And the President examines and approves the documents related to the revenues and expenditures of GKB together with the accountant.
President-elect: The President-elect is the president of the next period and works as the deputy president. President-elect undertakes the tasks of the President in the absence of the President or under the circumstances deemed necessary by the President.
Deputy President: The Deputy President assists the President and the President-elect in the tasks assigned to him/her.
Secretary General: The Secretary General organizes the internal and external correspondences. He/she prepares the agenda of the Board of Directors and ensures the necessary books and decisions be recorded and disseminated.
Accountant: The Accountant is responsible for the monitoring of the expenditures and revenues regularly and for keeping the valuable financial documents.
Members: There are four members in the Board of Directors. Members have the right to vote in the Board of Directors meetings. They carry out the tasks assigned to them by the Board of Directors.
II. The term of office of the TSC-APCI Board of Directors is two years.
III. The President of the Board Directors, whose term of office is over, is not allowed to work in the Board of Directors again unless another term of the Board of Directors is over.
IV. To be elected as the President-elect, the candidates must have served for the Board of Directors at least one term. The members of the Board of Directors, except for the president-elect and the secretary, are allowed to serve for the Board of Directors utmost two successive terms.
V. A member to the GKB Board of Directors is not allowed to assume any responsibility in the board of directors of any other TKD working group. A member to the GKB Board of Directors is not allowed to serve for the management of any other society.
VI. GKB Board of Directors convenes at least 6 (7) times a year. The decisions taken in the Board of Directors meetings shall be recorded in the ledger book in writing and submitted to the Board of Directors of TKD regularly. The decisions taken shall be applicable after being approved by the Board of Directors of TKD.
- TSC-APCI collects information on interventional cardiovascular medicine, and organizes seminars, training courses, scientific meetings for information exchange between colleagues and to hold training courses and meetings for the public. It works in cooperation with the Board of Directors of the Turkish Society of Cardiology to prepare the annual program for the organization of the activities. TSC-APCI assumes responsibilities in the National Cardiology Congress. TSC-APCI is not allowed to organize a congress on its own.
- TSC-APCI encourages and conducts researches on interventional cardiovascular medicine. Particularly TSC-APCI works in cooperation with TKD Board of Directors Research Support Fund Evaluation and Monitoring Unit to perform multi-centered researches throughout Turkey. Furthermore it creates a database throughout the country and ensures for sustainability.
- TSC-APCI prepares guidelines concerning interventional cardiovascular medicine.
- TSC-APCI may set up investigation-research group or consensus panel together with other working groups or societies to make detailed evaluation and research on specific subjects.
- TSC-APCI carries out activities concerning training materials such as Journals, CD-ROM, audio, video, etc on interventional medicine as per the Broadcasting and Publication By Laws of TKD working groups.
- TSC-APCI may engage in joint activities with international interventional societies, groups and gatherings.
- GKB takes assistance from the secretariat allocated by TKD for GKB’s activities.
- GKB may issue Supplement on interventional cardiology in the Archives of the Turkish Society of Cardiology.
4. TSC-APCI Sub Working Group
- GKB Board of Directors is allowed to establish sub working groups to study on specific subjects. One of the members to the Board of Directors chairs the sub working group after being approved by the board resolution. Apart from the chairman of the working group, at least three members who are experienced on the subject matter and assigned by the Board of Directors, work for the sub working group.
- The manner of work, tasks and responsibilities of the sub groups are organized as per the By Laws of the TKD Working Groups.
- Two sub working groups were formed at the establishment phase of GKB: 1- Peripheral interventions sub working group; and 2- Interventional structural cardiac diseases sub working group.
- Sub working groups must convene at least four times a year.
- GKB monitors the activities of the sub working groups and organizes the training activities in cooperation with the sub working groups.
5. Interventional groups that can possibly be situated in TSC-APCI
GKB is an umbrella union that covers all interventional cardiologists and groups. Therefore the local interventional societies, groups, clubs and etc can be situated in GKB within the framework of the following principles:
- The management of the interventional group applies to the Board of Directors of GKB to be accepted in TSC-APCI. The application is approved through the resolution of the Board of Directors and approval of TKD Board of Directors.
- Interventional groups must inform the GKB Board of Directors of the forthcoming activities at least one month in advance and must take approval of GKB.
- TSC-APCI logo can only be used during the event that is approved, provided that the program of the event in question is examined and approved by GKB Board of Directors.
- TKD budget can only be used in the organization of the event, provided that the interventional group applies to the GKB Board of Directors and that the application is evaluated by the GKB Board of Directors and that the application is approved by the TKD Board of Directors.
- GKB organizes regional meetings and training activities; and is allowed to establish regional offices.
6. Revenues and expenditures of TSC-APCI
- GKB’s accounting records are kept under the general accounting system of the Turkish Society of Cardiology. Therefore GKB must inform the Board of Directors of the Turkish Society of Cardiology on the estimated budget of each activity at least one month in advance. The estimated budget takes effect after being approved by the Board of Directors of the Turkish Society of Cardiology.
- Revenue and expenditure records due to the scientific meetings or researches are kept in the name of the Turkish Society of Cardiology. All the accounting transactions are carried out by the GKB accountant via the approval of the board of directors. The transactions in question are handled as an integral part of the general accounting of the Turkish Society of Cardiology. Auditing responsibility belongs to the Turkish Society of Cardiology via the accountant of TKD. Revenues to be collected due to any activity are collected in the name of the Turkish Society of Cardiology. Money in question is deposited to the bank account of the Turkish Society of Cardiology in the name of GKB and is spent within the scope of accounting rules of the Turkish Society of Cardiology. Therefore the final budget of all the activities must be submitted to the Board of Directors of the Turkish Society of Cardiology in utmost two months as from the end of the relevant activity.
7. Winding up of TSC-APCI:
The Board of the Directors of the Turkish Society of Cardiology is allowed to wind up GKB when it deems necessary. The Board in question is also allowed to dismiss the GKB Board of Directors in the event that the GKB Board violates the By Laws. Under such circumstances general assembly meeting is held in three months and a new board of directors is elected. Meanwhile the working groups are headed by the Board of Directors of the Turkish Society of Cardiology.
8. Provisional Clause
The term of office of the GKB Board of Directors assigned by the TKD Board of Directors during the establishment phase of GKB, starts as of the end of the term of office of the current board of directors of the interventional working group; and it lasts until the first subsequent general assembly with elections.