Dr Eustaquio Maria Onorato, born in Caracas (Venezuela) on February 7, 1952, is an Interventional Adult and Pediatric Cardiologist particularly active in Structural and Complex Congenital Heart Disease Interventions.
- Assistant Professor in Cardiology and Pediatric Cardiology, at University Hospital of Caracas, Venezuela (1984-1988).
- Co-Director of Cardiovascular Catheterization Laboratory at Centro E. Malan, San Donato Hospital, Milan (1989-1997).
- Director of Cardiology Department and Catheterization Laboratory at Clinica San Rocco di Franciacorta, Ome (Brescia) (1997-2002), at Humanitas Gavazzeni, Bergamo (2002-2006) and at Ospedale Sant’Orsola Fatebenefratelli, Brescia (2007-2009).
- Consultant and Teaching Professor at Policlinico Universitario Tor Vergata, Rome (2010-2011).
- Consultant, Structural and Congenital Interventional Cardiology at Humanitas Gavazzeni, Bergamo (2011-2015).
-Current position: Senior Consultant and Teaching Professor, Congenital and Structural Heart Diseases Interventional Cardiology, Centro Cardiologico Monzino, IRCCS, Milan.
- SCAI and ESC fellow
- Honorary Membership of the Venezuelan Society of Invasive Cardiology and Russian Scientific Society of Interventional Endovascular Surgery.
- Honorary Professor, Bashkir State Medical University, Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Science, Bashkortostan Republic, Ufa.
- Associate Editor, Board of Structural Interventional Cardiology, specialty Section of Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine.
He has authored several original manuscripts and chapters of books in interventional cardiology and has published in Stroke, J Am Coll Cardiol, Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, Eur Heart J and EuroIntervention.
- Peer Reviewer of Int J Cardiol, Am J Cardiol, J Cardiovasc Med, Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, Journal of Clinical Medicine, Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine – Structural Interventional Cardiology.
He served as Lecturer of 430 scientific contributions at national/international congresses/seminars/meetings.
He acted as Scientific Course Director & Chairman in 50 of the latter and as invited Live case operator in 48 workshops.
- Interventional Cardiology Experience: 20.000 cases.
Fluent in Italian, Spanish, English and French.